Updates on shepherded items
Here is a list of the "shepherded items" that the lang team is tracking, along with weekly updates on the latest developments.
- there is progress towards extending the set of expressions
permitted in constants to include
&mutborrows, if/match, and loops.
- there is progress towards extending the set of expressions permitted in constants to include
- current status: currently evaluating whether "C" functions should permit unwinding by default
- trying to get measurements of the impact on code size
- prototyped the plan in a rustc branch, but needs a few updates and to be executed on a representative code base (likely Fuschia)
- Coherence can be bypassed by an indirect impl for a trait object
- did a crater run of the proposal but have only partially analyzed the impact
- grammar working group — qmx
- no updates this week
!type and fallback — centril
About the lang-team meetings
The lang-team triage meetings are held weekly on Zoom (see our meeting calendar). Anyone is welcome to come and observe. We make a "best effort" to record the meetings though technical issues sometimes intervene.