The governance working group meeting of January 28th was canceled due to the Mozilla All Hands that week. Therefore, working group next convened on 11 February. The following meeting will take place on 27 February.
The agenda included
- Discuss project groups description RFC https://github.com/rust-lang/rfcs/pull/2856 Decision: Determine if inactive members in scope; if not in scope, confirm RFC.
- Review action items from meeting of December 3 2019 https://github.com/rust-lang/wg-governance/blob/master/minutes/2019.12.03.md#action-items
- Confirm adjustment of timeslot based on Doodle sent out in Discord channel
- Project groups description RFC confirmed complete
- Next items taken from Dec 3 backlog are access policy (NellShamrell is working on this), Discussion of where to discuss the pre-RFC process, and followup about moving (community, devtools, nursery) to rust-lang
- XAMPPRocky is already working on a compliance bot to simplify administration
- Timeslot adjusted to 19-20 CET / 1pm-2pm EST / 10-11am PST on Zulip as text chat, with the same biweekly cadence. Zoom (video) meetings will be used as needed, e.g. if a big RFC needs to be pushed through.
Our next meeting will be 27 February 2020 via Zulip 19-20 CET / 1pm-2pm EST / 10-11am PST. Agenda is -
- Access policy - Nell will have something to discuss
- Pre-RFC process - determine right place to talk about this
- Follow-up on moving (community, devtools, nursery) to rust-lang