Today we are announcing the formation of a new project group under the libs team, focused on error handling!
Some of the goals this project group will be working on include:
- Defining and codifying common error handling terminology.
- Generating consensus on current error handling best practices.
- Identifying pain points that exist in Rust’s error handling story.
- Communicating current error handling best practices.
- Consolidating the Rust error handling ecosystem.
This new project group is being shepherded by Jane Lusby (@yaahc) and Sean Chen (@seanchen1991), with Andrew Gallant (@BurntSushi) acting in an advisory capacity and Ashley Mannix (@KodrAus) acting as the library team liaison.